General Terms Terminology
The following definitions will be applicable throughout these Terms & Conditions: package/object/shipment: shipment including all its content, transportation service: service, provided by courier companies, selected by Xpedict to execute the shipment of goods, and that effectively operate the transportation as part of their commercial activities, forbidden items: items that are not allowed to be shipped according to these Terms and Conditions, the applicable legislation and the transportation regulations, Xpedict: Parcel Xpedict lda Parcel Xpedict lda.: limited liability company, with tax number PT515594385, that manages the Xpedict.com online booking system, Xpedict.com: online platform through which Xpedict manages the booking system for transportation services, provided by courier companies, business day: every day except for Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays and bank holidays in the countries of pick-up, transportation or delivery of the shipment, weight: real weight of the shipment, expressed in kilograms or calculated through a formula, provided by the courier companies, who execute the shipment of goods, you/the client/the customer/the user: person or persons, requesting the booking of transportation services, provided by courier companies through Xpedict. Parcel Xpedict lda, is a private limited liability company, with tax number PT515594385, with its registered address at Praceta Ladislau Batalha lote 8 2º e 3º esquerdo 2630-370 Arruda dos Vinhos – Lisboa - Portugal, that manages the Xpedict.com online booking system. Xpedict.com is an online booking system for transportation services, provided by courier companies. Parcel Xpedict lda is an accountable person, thus required to charge VAT on all transactions. Xpedict acts as a commission agent and not as a freight forwarder. When placing the order through our website, the customer authorizes Xpedict to, in its own name and on behalf of the client (commissioner), order transportation services with one of the courier companies with which Xpedict has an agreement in place, provided that the courier company selected complies with the requirements for the execution of the commissioned service. Xpedict is solely responsible for the selection of courier services providers, and never for the execution of transportation. The fulfillment of obligations inherent to the transportation service is exclusive responsibility of the courier companies, selected to execute transportation. It is them, and not Xpedict, who perform the pick-up, transportation and delivery of the shipments, who arrange the transportation and who are responsible for execution. At the customer request, Xpedict shall cede all claims and rights arising from the transactions concluded on its own name on behalf of the customer, including the claims under the responsibility of the selected courier service provider for the non-fulfilment or improper fulfillment of the courier services. The customer is obliged to recover or enforce the claims and rights against the courier service provider. Any additional costs, incurred due to additional customer requirements from the selected courier service provider or due to customs clearance, will be exclusively borne by the customer. Xpedict reserves the right to demand from the customer the reimbursement of expenses, covered by Xpedict on behalf of the client, even if such expenses are generated after the conclusion of the transport service. The customer expressly agrees to waive the right to cancel the Agreement with Xpedict at the moment, when Xpedict submits the order details to the selected courier services provider. Xpedict does not accept orders from unauthorized dealers or resellers and reserves the right to unilaterally cancel any order, placed by unauthorized dealers or resellers. According to internal policies and procedures, Xpedict can authorize individual dealers or resellers. Each reseller should submit its request in writing to Xpedict to start the authorization procedure.
2. Delivery dates
All delivery times are approximate and are not guaranteed. With the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, the customer is aware and agrees that many external circumstances may cause delays in the pick-up or delivery of the shipment. By accepting these Terms and Conditions the customer agrees to regularly track the shipment and, in case of any unusual data or progress, to immediately notify Xpedict. Regarding customs procedures in each country, the selected courier service provider should make every effort to ensure that the delivery is made on time. With the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, the customer understands and accepts that the shipment can be delivered late due to customs procedures and other administrative procedures. The person at the delivery address (the receiver) is the sole responsible for covering the expenses related to customs clearance. Xpedictreserves the right to require from the customer or the receiver the reimbursement of expenses, covered by Xpedicton behalf of the client related to customs procedures. Xpedictis not obliged to compensate the customer for damages caused by any event under the second section of these Terms and Conditions, neither is required to reimburse any related cost. 3. Restrictions regarding the size and weight of the shipment The customer agrees to hand over to the courier driver of the selected courier service provider the exact number of shipments ordered through Xpedict.com, and that all the packages comply with the restrictions of size and weight. In case of removals or shipments from individual offers the customer agrees to hand over the exact number of shipments to courier driver of the selected courier service provider ordered through Xpedict.com, and that all the packages or suitcases strictly comply with the indicated and ordered dimensions and weight.If the customer hands over fewer or more packages or suitcase or pallets, or packages, suitcases or pallets which are heavier, the client will be required to pay all additional expenses generated by this unilateral modification. In case of cancellation of the order by the customer, the customer agrees not to hand over the packages or suitcasesto the courier driver of the selected courier service provider, if he arrives at the pick-up address. In case that the customer does hand over the packages or suitcases the client will be responsible for all the expenses incurred. Any additional costs, incurred due to the fact that the customer decided to send more items than booked in the order process, or sent oversized or overweight shipments will be exclusively borne by the customer. Xpedict reserves the right to demand from the customer the reimbursement of expenses, covered by Xpedict on behalf of the client, even if such expenses are invoiced by the courier company after the conclusion of the transport service. Xpedict reserves the right to charge an administrative fee of up to fifteen (15) EUR for the handling of additional costs, incurred due to the fact that the customer decided to send more items than booked in the order process, or sent oversized or overweight shipments. If the number of items, weight or size of the package or suitcaseexceeds the limit, specified by the user at time of booking the transportation service through Xpedict, by accepting these Terms and Conditions, the client agrees that Xpedict is allowed to: make an additional surcharge to the credit card with which the customer made the booking according to the applicable price list, if the package or suitcasedoes not exceed the maximum weight or size allowed by the selected courier service provider; or, make an additional surcharge to the credit card with which the customer made the booking for an amount determined by the selected courier service provider under the nature of contractual penalty for overweight or oversize, if the package or suitcase exceeds the maximum weight or size, allowed by the selected courier service provider. Alternatively, the selected courier service provider may choose to refuse carriage of the package and not charge the contractual penalty. In case that Xpedict would not be able to make additional charges automatically to the credit card with which the customer made the booking, the customer will be notified of this in writing and customer must pay the additional amount, indicated within a maximum period of seven (7) days. Such notice is considered enforceable without judicial declaration. In case that Xpedict does not receive the payment within the above mentioned period, the customer is obligated to cover the costs of the executive collection procedure.
3.1 Restrictions regarding the size of the shipment
3.1.1 General information Each package, suitcase or pallet that was bo oked through our website must be handed over to the courier driver of the selected courier service provider as one piece. If the customer intends to send more packages, suitcases or pallets, the accurate number should be placed when booking the transportation services. Otherwise, the customer should place a new booking. In the case of removals or shipments from individual offers, if the customer intends to send more packages, suitcases or pallets, the customer needs to inform Xpedict about this at the latest until 12 am of the business day previous to the pick-up.
3.1.2 Shipment of packages and suitcases No package or suitcase must exceed the following dimensions: Maximum length: 175 cm; and, Length + 2 times the width + 2 times the height should not exceed 300 cm. For purposes related to these Terms and Conditions, the length represents the longest side of the package or suitcase. In case of removals or individual shipping, no package or suitcase must exceed indicated and ordered dimensions. All packages and suitcases must be packed so that it is possible to perform automatic classification in the logistics centers of the selected courier service provider. If the package or suitcase does not have the correct dimensions, the selected courier service provider reserves the right to refuse transportation and to apply an additional charge, according to the applicable price. Xpedict reserves the right to demand reimbursement of expenses from the customer, covered by Xpedict on behalf of the client, related to the size of the packages or suitcase.
3.2. Restrictions regarding the weight of the shipment All packages must be within the weight limits according to what the customer indicated when booking the service through our website in case of packages or suitcases. 4. Confirmation and cancellation of the order After placing an order through our website, the customer is provided with an order number which confirms that his order has been accepted and sent for further processing. Except for orders placed by registered B2B users which placed the order while being logged in, all orders are non-refundable after the customer places the order. A parcel is considered to have been picked-up successfully if the tracking information of the courier company indicates that it has been collected. Until the business day prior to the date set for the pick-up, the customer will receive a confirmation message by email, which indicates that it has requested a transportation service to their name and account. In the case of removals or shipments from individual offers, the customer will receive a confirmation message by email between one (1) to three (3) days before the pick-up, which indicates that the order was forwarded to and confirmed with the courier service provider. The customer expressly agrees to waive the right to cancel the Agreement with Xpedict at the moment when Xpedict submits the order details to the selected courier services provider. If the customer decides to cancel the order before Xpedict submits the order details to the selected courier services provider, the customer should fill out the form “The Form for Exercising the Consumer’s Right to Withdraw from the Contrac t” and send it by email to email@example.com or by registered mail to: Xpedict – Parcel Xpedict lda Zona Industrial das corredouras Armazém P 2630-315 Arruda dos Vinhos – Lisboa Portugal The customer explicitly agrees that the concluded Agreement together with the data, which relate to the order and are needed according to the Code de la Consommation of Portugal, will be provided via e-mail. Additional insurance and flexible booking fees are not refundable. As soon as it is provided to us by the selected courier service provider, Xpedict will forward the tracking number and/or link to the client via email. With this number and/or link, the user will be able to track the process of the shipment. Rarely the order will not be confirmed if, for example, the location is inaccessible to the selected courier service provider or a national holiday or other non-business day is celebrated in the country of pick-up or Portugal.
4.1 Refunds Refunds are only possible if the customer request the refund until 12 AM of the day before pick-up date, or if the customer is a registered B2B users which placed the order while being logged in and requested the refund before pick-up. After pick-up, refunds are no longer possible Customers who placed the order through their B2B Xpedict account and request the refund of said order may be refunded only if the shipment has not yet been collected by the selected courier company. If the refund has been requested and, in any case, the customer hands over the parcels to the selected courier company, the service will be considered as accepted and the refund will not be granted. If granted, the refundable amount will be granted as credit in the customer’s Xpedict account which could be used for future orders. If the payment with credits option is not available for the customer, the refundable amount will be refunded to the same payment account that the customer used to place the order (credit card, PayPal account, bank account, etc.). Additional insurance are not refundable. In case that a refund is granted, the amount refunded will be available to the customer within thirty (30) days from the moment Xpedict informs the customer about the admissibility of the refund.
4.2 Cancellations in case of pricing changes Xpedict reserves the right to charge the customer in case that there is an abrupt change of pricing for the route selected by the customer at the moment of placing the order, prior obtaining authorization from the customer for this extra charge. In case that the customer refuses the extra charge for the change of pricing in the selected route, Xpedict reserves the right to offer to the customer a full refund and to not forward the order for transportation services to any courier company.
5. Payment options All payment transactions processed through our website are secured with SSL certificates GeoTrust© which ensure that communications between the user’s server and our website are encrypted and secure. When booking service through our website, Xpedict offers to its customers the following payment options:
5.1 Payment via credit card If the customer opts for this payment method, before confirming the order the client must enter the information of the credit card with which the payment for booking transportation services will be processed. All credit card payments are made directly through the secure system of Paypalour partners for payment processing solutions, and their banking partners. Xpedict does not store any information about credit cards, since the entire payment verification process is carried out by Paypal and its banking partners directly. It is responsibility of the customer that selected credit card to make payment of the booking of transportation services is active and has sufficient funds available to successfully process the transaction. Any additional charges, generated in case that the credit card is rejected by any reason, will be borne solely by the customer.
5.2 Payment via PayPal If the customer opts for this payment method, before confirming the order, the client will be redirected to the PayPal website, where the client must log in with their username and password, or create an account, if they do not have an active one. Once the payment is processed successfully in PayPal’s online platform, the customer will be redirected back to our website, where the confirmation of the payment and of the order will be available. It is responsibility of the customer, who selected PayPal to pay for the booking of transportation services, to ensure that their PayPal account is active and has sufficient funds available to successfully process the transaction. Any additional charges, generated in case that the transaction is rejected, will be borne solely by the customer.
5.3 Payment via bank transfer If the customer opts for this payment method, the order will not be confirmed immediately and will only be confirmed once Xpedict receives a confirmation of successful bank transfer for the total amount of the booking. The customer will receive an email by Xpedict with instructions on how to pay, including the bank, Xpedict´s bank account, the amount to be transferred, etc. Any bank-related charges, generated by the bank transfer, will be exclusively borne by the customer. If the amount, received in Xpedict´s bank account, is less than that which should have been deposited, the order will not be confirmed. Xpedict is not obliged to notify the user that the deposited amount was not sufficient to confirm the order. The customer has a maximum of thirty (30) calendar days to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a copy of the confirmation of successful bank transfer. The confirmation of successful bank transfer should be sent by the customer before the selected pick-up date. If it is not received before the selected pick-up date, a new pick-up date will be arranged only after confirmation of successful bank transfer is received. It is sole responsibility of the customer to inform Xpedict about bank transfer. When this confirmation is received by Xpedict, the customer will receive an email confirming the order. If no confirmation of successful bank transfer is received within thirty (30) days, the order will be canceled and the user will be notified.
5.4 Payment with credits The advantage of this payment method is that the customer does not have to enter the payment data (i.e, data from credit card or PayPal account) every time, when booking transportation services through our website. Additionally, Xpedict rewards loyalty by providing discounts on orders paid with credits available on the customer’s profile. If the customer opts for this payment method, the client will use the credit, available in their account when placing an order. When confirming the payment, the customer must have sufficient credit available in its account to order. In case that there is not enough credit, the customer can top-up its credit before confirming the order through credit card or PayPal. If the customer decides to top-up, using charging by credit card or PayPal, provided that the customer has sufficient funds in the credit card or on the PayPal account, the top-up will be automatically confirmed and the credit will be available to use automatically. Otherwise, the order will be canceled. Additionally, the customer can recharge the credit on its account at any time.
6. Packaging, labeling and pick-up
6.2 Packaging, labeling and pick-up of packages or suitcases Service “Selection” When booking transportation services with the service “Selection”, the customer agrees for the package or suitcase to be available at the pick-up address for the selected courier service provider to collect it from 9:00 to 18:00. Due to unforeseen factors related to the selected courier service provider, pick-up can be performed before or after this time. Rarely, due to unforeseen factors, the selected courier service provider can carry out the pick-up on the next business day. If the driver of the selected courier service provider is not present to pick-up on the pick-up date, the customer, according to these Terms and Conditions, assumes the responsibility of informing Xpedict immediately about this fact, so that Xpedict can arrange with the courier a second pick-up attempt. The package or suitcase must be properly packaged for transport and handling at the logistics centers of the selected courier service provider. The surface of the package or suitcase should allow for the identification label of the shipment to adhere and fixed by the driver of the selected courier service provider at the time of pick-up. The customer is the sole responsible for assuring that the right label is placed on the right parcel, even in cases where the courier company prints the label. Suitable packaging is, for example, a cardboard box, consisting of two or more layers of carton or suitcases wrapped with a protective film. Irregularly shaped items like suitcases have to be carefully wrapped in plastic stretch foil (including the wheels and handles), so that sharp objects of the suitcase cannot damage other shipments. On the inside, the package or suitcase must have suitable packaging, for example, bubble-wrap to prevent breakage and damage of the transported items. Plastic bags, travel bags and plastic boxes are not allowed types of packaging. Suitcases, cardboard boxes and other suitable containers can be damaged during transportation. If suitcases are used as packaging, they must be adequately protected in order to prevent damage. The courier company can also reject the claim for insurance reimbursement if they consider the suitcase to be dangerous and could damage other parcels during transportation. Neither the selected courier service provider nor Xpedict are responsible for any damage, caused in the packaging during transport.
7. Delivery The customer is responsible for providing a complete and exact address for pick-up and delivery of the package or suitcase, and any other relevant information to facilitate delivery. The address details should fit in the designated area in the booking process, and not be included in the “comments field”; otherwise, the courier companies might not receive the complete information needed for a successful pick-up and delivery. The delivery should be done in an easily accessible place; the driver of the selected courier service provider must be able to park the truck at least twenty-five (25) meters from the indicated delivery point. Door-to-door service is service provided to the main door of the building. The courier driver of the selected courier company is not obliged to pick up or deliver the package or suitcase into upper floors. On the date of delivery, the recipient must be at the delivery address between 9:00 and 18:00, if the selected product is “Selection”. The recipient can also authorize a person to pick-up the shipment on its behalf. In some cases, the package can be sent to an alternate address. By indicating the delivery address in the booking process, the customer guarantees that it is a standard delivery address publicly known, in which shipments are received regularly. An indication of a generic address, such as a port, where there may be a failed delivery, is not enough. Consequently, the shipment will be returned to the sender at the expense of the customer. In the case of new buildings, by accepting these Terms and Conditions the customer confirms that the address is already known to transportation service providers and that he or she has already received shipments to this address in the past. If delivery is not successful on the day scheduled for a reason, not pertaining to the selected courier service provider (i.e, because the person appointed to receive the delivery is not present), in most of the countries the next delivery attempt will be made on the next few business days. In the absence of the client, delivery will be considered effective against consignee signature of any person, found present at the delivery address, who is willing to take the delivery of the shipment, unless there is good reason to doubt such a person’s entitlement to take delivery. There is no obligation on the selected courier service provider to check the identity of such a person (e.g. on the basis of an identity card). The selected courier service provider is entitled to deliver the package, suitcase or pallet to an alternate address (neighboring address, local post office or delivery point). In this case, the courier company will leave a note with the location of delivery of the shipment on the main address indicated. If the package or suitcase is not picked up within seven (7) days of the first delivery attempt, the selected courier service provider reserves the right to return the shipment to the pick-up address at the expense of the user. According to these Terms and Conditions, additional costs will be charged to the customer, which Xpedict reserves the right to charge on the credit card used to place the order. Xpedict does not guarantee transportation and shipment delivery to a different address than initially indicated by the client, when booking transportation services through the website Xpedict.com. In the case that the customer corrects the address timely, the new address will be forwarded to the courier company and used as delivery address for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions; additional forwarding expenses are borne solely by the customer. Any damages to the shipment must be reported at the moment of the delivery by filling a damage report with the driver or by signing with reservation the proof of delivery. Otherwise, the selected courier company or the insurance company may reject any claim for damages. According to these Terms and Conditions, the delivery is considered effective if: the shipment is handed over to anyone located in the delivery address against digital or manual signature, including neighbors and persons present at the indicated premises; the shipment is delivered to an alternative address; after multiple failed delivery attempts to the delivery address, the shipment is delivered in one of the warehouses of the selected courier service provider, which is near to the original delivery address; the selected courier service provider has left a notice of delivery to the delivery contact person, or if this is evident through shipment tracking via the Internet; or, the shipment is delivered in the delivery address to a person, who falsely presents itself as the recipient. The shipment is returned back to the pick-up address after the maximum days on the courier’s warehouse. As soon as a delivery is considered effective, it is understood that Xpedict and the selected courier service provider are exempted from responsibility for transportation.
8. Delays and responsibility in case of delays All delivery times are approximate and are not guaranteed. With the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, the customer is aware and agrees that many external circumstances may cause delays in the pick-up or delivery of the shipment. In case of delays, in no case will Xpedict be liable for damages caused by the delay, and shall not be liable to solve or settle the obligations or expenses related to the delay. Xpedict is not obliged to compensate the customer for delays, neither is required to reimburse any related cost.
9. Responsibility for losses and damages to the shipment Xpedict is the administrator of the online platform for booking transportation services and, as such, will not be liable for any loss or damage to the package or suitcase, or to any of its contents. Xpedict only works with quality courier services providers and, therefore, damages and/or losses are unusual. The courier services providers are responsible for the pick-up, transportation and delivery of all shipments, reserved through the portal Xpedict.com. In order to prevent damage, the customer must be aware that, despite the caution measure taken by courier services providers, packages or suitcases are unloaded, sorted and mechanically loaded and therefore they must be properly packaged. Packages or suitcases will be under the supervision of the selected courier service provider from pick-up to delivery.
10. Insurance, claims and complaints procedure and forbidden items
10.1 Insurance, responsibility and insurance coverage Xpedict acts as a commission agent and not as a freight forwarder when administrating the online portal for booking transportation services. Xpedict is solely responsible for the selection of courier services providers, and never for the execution of transportation. Xpedict does not act as an insurance company. Shipping insurance packages are not offered by Xpedict; they are offered by courier services providers directly, or by insurance companies with existing agreements with courier services providers or with Xpedict. For this reason, the terms and conditions of insurance companies such as Ergo, Lloyds and others or of courier services providers such as GLS, DPD and DHL apply in all matters, relating to insurance of shipments, booked through our website. All orders for transportation of packages or suitcases placed through the website Xpedict.com for the service “Selection” include an insurance provided by the selected courier service provider or by an insurance company by a maximum coverage of two hundred (200) euros. The insurance premium is already included in the basic price of the shipment. Insurance coverage extends to expenses caused in case of loss or damage of the package. Insurance reimbursement doesn’t cover transportation costs for lost or damaged packages. All orders for transportation of pallets and of freight shipments are ensured in accordance with the Convention on the International Carriage of Goods by Road Contract (CMR) . If the shipment contains items of greater value compared to the maximum insurance coverage, the user is required to purchase additional insurance directly on our website. Additional insurance must be booked in the ordering process and is charged according to the price list of the selected courier service provider or of the insurance company. For the customer to purchase additional insurance, he/she must contact through email@example.com. At the customer request, Xpedict shall cede all claims and rights arising from the transactions, concluded on its own name on behalf of the customer, including the claims under the responsibility of the selected courier service provider for the non-fulfilment or improper fulfillment of the courier services. The customer is obliged to recover or enforce the claims and rights against the courier service provider. In the case of loss, Xpedict offers customer support in submitting complaints to the selected courier service provider. However, the decision about the admissibility of the insurance is made solely by the courier company or by the insurance company. The insurance does not apply in case of: inappropriate packaging; unconventional shipments; transportation of forbidden items and items for which our services are not recommended without previous notice to us; transportation of electronic devices (such as televisions, mobile phones, computers and other electronic equipment) without original packaging;shipments for which delivery is considered effective according to Section 7 of these Terms and Conditions; switched parcels which occur when the wrong labels are attached to the incorrect parcels; damages are caused by terrorism, natural disasters; the customer did not provide enough evidence (photographic or written material) that proves the parcel was in perfect condition before collection; or, the user has violated these Terms and Conditions in any way. The courier companies with whom Xpedict cooperates do not handle parcels that carry a sign, inscription or label which indicates breakable or fragile content or instructs careful handling of the parcel any differently or with special care. A “fragile” or “handle with care” label in no way exempts the sender from the obligation to pack the goods appropriately and nor does it actually protect the goods. The selected courier company and Xpedictwill in no case be liable for parcels with fragile content which result lost or damaged despite the fact of being labeled with a “fragile” or “handle with care” sign. The driver of the selected courier company is allowed to refuse collection of parcels that are clearly inadequate (too heavy, too big, inadequately packaged) but is not obligated to check the adequacy of the packaging or the contents of the parcels. This means that the driver of the selected courier company can still accept the items even if they are not packed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or if they contain items on the prohibited list. In such a case, all extra costs related to the shipment of items of inadequate packaging or with forbidden contents will be borne exclusively by the customer. Furthermore, if purchased, extra insurance coverage will not apply to these items. Xpedict or the selected courier company are not obligated to check the comments the customers make when placing the order on our website. Even if the customer mentioned that items to be shipped are not in accordance with the terms, the order can still be forwarded to the courier company that can carry out the transport. Even in case that the customer included that information in the comment section of the order process, all extra costs related to the shipment of items that are not according to these Terms and Conditions will be borne exclusively by the customer. Furthermore, if purchased, extra insurance coverage will not apply to these items. Xpedictwill not be held liable for any damage, loss, failure or delay in the pick-up, transportation or delivery, or for any other damages or costs, arising from transportation services, requested through the web portal Xpedict.com. Xpedictis not responsible for any loss of profits, originated in any of the numerals described above.
10.2 Claims procedure in case of damage or loss Xpedict does not acknowledge any alternative dispute resolution provider. In the case of loss of a package or suitcase, Xpedictoffers customer support in submitting complaints to the selected courier service provider. However, the decision about the admissibility of the insurance is made solely by the courier company or by the insurance company. In case of damage or loss of a package or suitcase, the situation must be reported by the person in charge of receiving the shipment to the courier driver of the selected courier service at the time of delivery. Any damages to the shipment must be reported at the moment of the delivery by filling a damage report with the driver or by signing with reservation the proof of delivery. Otherwise, the selected courier company or the insurance company may reject any claim for damages. In order to initiate a procedure with the selected courier service for damage or loss, Xpedictshould receive to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org the data indicated in this paragraph. In order for the insurance coverage to apply, the client must actively track the shipment of the package, suitcase or pallet on the Internet. If there is no change of status in the tracking of the shipment within seven (7) days, the customer is required to contact Xpedictwithin two (2) business days from the expiration of seven (7) days in order to begin the search procedure. If the package or suitcase is not delivered within five (5) days from the expected date of delivery, the customer must immediately notify xpedict in writing by sending an email to email@example.com, attaching the following: a list of the contents of the shipment and their value; an external description of the shipment; information on the method of packaging; a copy of the confirmation email; and, a copy of the confirmation of hand over from the person handing over the shipment at pick-up. If a package or suitcase is delivered damaged, the client should not receive the consignment unconditionally. On the contrary, the customer, along with the driver of the selected courier service, shall write a report on the damaged shipment received that includes photos and a detailed description of the damage. The document must be signed by the driver and by the customer. In addition, the customer must inform Xpedict in writing within two (2) business days, following the receipt of the damaged shipment, attaching the following: the document signed by the driver and by the customer; photos clearly evidencing the damage (the customer has to provide picture of the parcel and the items before and after collection that clearly show the damage on the parcel or the items occurred during or as a result of transport); a list of the contents of the shipment and their value; the address on which the courier can inspect and, if necessary, bring the damaged items; and, copy of the confirmation email shipment. If the customer does not duly notify Xpedictor does not attach all the required documentation to the email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org , the notification will be considered as not sent. In case of damage of the shipment, the customer is required to keep the package, suitcase or pallet in the condition in which it was delivered, covering all expenses related, until completion of the insurance procedure. If the parcel is damaged on the outside, the customer should take photographs of the damages before taking the goods out of the parcel. In case the customer notices that some of the items are missing from his parcel at the time of delivery, a claim procedure can be started. The customer must provide Xpedictvia email with the same documentation as in the case of damage, including photographs of the package before collection and after delivery that prove the parcel was opened/damaged during transport which would result in missing content. Upon receipt of all necessary supporting documents, Xpedict, on behalf of the client, will send to the selected courier service provider the application for insurance with all the documents attached by the customer. The decision about the admissibility of the insurance is of the sole responsibility of the courier services providers directly, or of the insurance companies with existing agreements with the courier services providers or with Xpedict. The courier companies or the insurance companies with existing agreements with courier companies or with Xpedictcan take up to two (2) months to decide on the admissibility of a claim. The claims are always reviewed by the selected courier company first. If the selected courier service provider decides to reject the claim, the insurance company has the exclusive right to refuse the claim as well. The selected courier service provider and insurance companies review each claim case and decide about the amount of reimbursement based on the evidence customer provided and in accordance with their terms and conditions as well as with their internal policies. When deciding on the insurance reimbursement, the courier company and the insurance company take into consideration the extent of damages (whether or not the item can still be used). An amortization fee can also be deducted if the damaged items are not new. VAT and shipping costs (if shown on the invoice that proves the value of the items) are not reimbursed. Xpedictreserves the right to, at any moment and without the need to provide explanation, decline or refuse a claim due to incomplete, misleading, contradictory or false data received from the customer. In such a case, Xpedictwill not recognize any further claims from the customer or from third parties related to the customer.
10.3 Complaints procedure regarding the Xpedict’s services Xpedict acts as a commission agent and not as a freight forwarder when administrating the online portal for booking transportation services. Xpedictis solely responsible for the selection of courier services providers, and never for the execution of transportation. This being said, in case that the customer has any complaints regarding Xpedict´sservices as commission agent, the customer will have to begin a complaints procedure. In order for the internal complaints procedure to begin, the customer should inform Xpedictin writing by sending a registered letter to Xpedict Praceta Ladislau Batalha lote 8-2º e 3º esquerdo 2630-370 Arruda dos Vinhos- Lisboa-Portugal, attaching the following: detailed description of the complaint; ideally, the name or names of the persons from Xpedictwith whom the customer was in contact; a copy of the confirmation email; and, a copy of all email communications exchanged between the customer and the Xpedict team. If the customer does not duly notify Xpedictor does not attach all the required documentation to the letter, the complaints procedure will not begin. After receiving a complete complaint, Xpedictwill forward the case to the Claims and Complaints committee which will evaluate the case file. Xpedict´sClaims and Complaints committee will send a reply to the customer regarding the complaint within thirty (30) days after the complaint is received.
10.4 Forbidden items With the adoption of these Terms and Conditions, the client agrees with the list of forbidden items herein and declares that they will not send any object on this list, or any item that is prohibited by the Terms and Conditions of the selected courier service provider or by the laws of the country in which the pick-up or delivery address is located. The customer agrees not to send stolen goods or goods not in free circulation under the legislation of the European Union. Xpedict prohibits the sending of jewelry, gold, antiques, pictures, works of art, human remains, human organs, animals, glass and porcelain. If the client decides to send forbidden items anyway, they will be solely responsible for all damages and expenses incurred. Among the forbidden items, all hazardous substances and substances requiring special permits for transportation, special handling or specific documentation are also included. Examples of forbidden items are: animals and animal products; arms and ammunition; hazardous substances and objects; flowers and other plants; human remains and funerary urns; illegal objects; medical samples; objects that need an environment with a controlled temperature; pornography; prescription drugs and other pharmaceutical products; tobacco; food (including food in liquid form); aerosols; objects of great value; objects with sentimental value; other fragile items; items that can damage other parcels during the transport; for airfreight: all Lithium Ion and Lithium Metal shipments; prohibited goods according to the regulation (EC) No 300/2008 of 11th March 2008 and its implementing rules as amended from time to time; shipments that would be covered by the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR) The selected courier company has the right to decline dealing with parcels whose content is of a dangerous or damaging nature, or likely to harbor or to encourage vermin or other pests, or liable to taint or affect other goods. If such parcels are handed over to the selected courier company, the company reserves the right at the expense of the customer to remove or otherwise deal with the parcels with no further notice. In such a case, the customer shall be liable for all loss or damage arising in connection with such parcels and shall indemnify the selected courier company and/or Xpedictagainst all penalties, claims, damages, costs and expenses whatsoever arising in connection therewith, and the parcels may be dealt with in such manner as the company or any other person in whose custody they may be at any relevant time shall think fit.
11. Global routes In case that the route selected by the customer includes a country that is not, at the moment of placing the order, a member of the European Union, the customer is aware and agrees to the following: The shipper is responsible to provide the original or a copy of the original commercial invoice or any other document required by the courier company and/or by the customs authorities. If any customs authority requires additional documentation for the purpose of confirming the import/export declaration, it is the shipper’s responsibility to provide the required documentation at it’s own expense. The original or the copy of the original commercial invoice should not include VAT on the price breakdown. The courier may reject the collection or even return the parcels back to the shipper, applying extra costs for which the customer is sole responsible, in case that the documentation required is not provided or are not according to the regulations. The shipper certifies that all statements and information provided relating to the exportation and importation of the shipment will be true and correct and acknowledges that in the event that untrue or fraudulent statements about the shipment or any of its contents are made, a civil claim and/or criminal prosecution the penalties for which include forfeiture and sale of the shipment could arise. To the extent that we may voluntarily assist you in completing the required customs and other formalities, such assistance will be rendered at your sole risk. You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from any claims that may be brought against us arising from the information you provide to us and any costs we will incur regarding this, and pay any administration fee we may charge you for providing the services described in this condition. Any customs duties, taxes (including but not limited to VAT if applicable), penalties, storage charges or other expenses Xpedictincurs as a result of the actions of customs or other governmental authorities or the shipper’s or receiver’s failure to provide proper documentation will be charged to the customer or the receiver of the shipment. In the event that Xpedictdecides to charge the receiver and the receiver refuses to pay the incurred charges, the customer agrees to pay them to us together with our fee for the administration involved as well as any extra costs we will incur. The shipper confirms that the contents of the shipment are not restricted by IATA, ICAO, IMDG or ADR and are not prohibited items, and, in case that they are, the customer is obliged to advise Xpedictprior to the collection. The courier may reject a collection in case that the service cannot be provided for any reason which is out of Xpedict´scontrol such as remote locations or sanctions imposed to the pickup country (embargo). We will endeavour to expedite all customs clearance formalities for your shipment but are not liable for any delays, losses or damage caused by interference from customs officers or other governmental authorities.